Wednesday, January 29, 2014


Dear Future me, 

Every day I think about you. Many times in fact. I wonder how you're doing. I wonder where you are. I wonder if you are happy. I wonder if you reached your goals. I wonder if you're doing things that you always wanted to do.. Sometimes I feel scared.. I wonder if you're still the same, or changed for the worst.. I wonder if you're lonely.. or stuck in a rut.. I wonder if you're bitter or still optimistic about life.. I wonder if you got to wear that black dress.. I wonder if you learned to dance.. I wonder if you learnt a new language.. I wonder if you traveled to far off places.. I wonder if you inspire people.. I wonder if you are loved.. I wonder if you are making art.. I wonder if you learnt to play that organ you bought.. I wonder if you ran a marathon.. I wonder if you went hiking lately.. I wonder.. and wonder some more..

Dear future me,

I want to tell you that I am working really hard today.. for you. And I hope that you haven't let me down. I hope you are keeping up the good work and taking it to next level. I hope you're learning everyday, trying out new things, pushing yourself as much as you can. I hope you've learnt to forgive & forget. I hope you're in the greatest shape of your life.. I hope you've learnt to take things easy. I hope you've realized that all this worrying is of no use. I hope you've realized that whatever happens, happens for the best. I hope you're proud of yourself. And I know you're onto accomplishing great things in future. And I hope you're taking care of yourself.. for your future self..

Dear future me, 

In case things are great today.. and you've achieved a lot of what you wanted.. I want to tell you that this is not the end.. you've to keep pushing harder, striving to be the best you can be.. keep walking.. keep learning.. keep growing.. but at the same time.. stop once in a while to enjoy your present.. appreciate the small miracles around you.. don't take anything.. no matter how big or small.. for granted.. love your family.. stick to your friends.. be nice to people not as fortunate as you.. encourage those who are struggling like you were at one point of time.. laugh a lot.. travel.. sing.. paint.. and dance.. but most of all understand.. this too shall pass.. so make sure you're prepared for anything.. stay strong..

Dear future me,

In case things aren't so great.. I want to tell you that this indeed is not the end.. You've failed a lot of times before.. but remember that, you've always bounced back.. You're a strong spirit.. stronger than you know.. stronger than you can imagine.. and no matter how hard today is.. you'll bounce back from this too.. So get up & get going.. It's never too late to change things.. true that you can't control a lot of things.. but you can control your efforts.. just keep giving your best.. sooner or later, it will turn around.. don't be a victim.. you're in charge of your own life.. you can overcome whatever the limitations.. stop crying about the past.. it's gone.. now it's you and a great future in the making.. I have forgiven you.. and now it's time that you forgive yourself too.. times might have changed.. but you're you. And there's no one youer than you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment